Learn more about Chamilo.
There are a considerable number of resources available on the web about Chamilo, so we will try to be as thorough and organized as possible …
– Chamilo is implemented in a way that allows the teacher to choose from a variety of teaching methods, one of which is social constructivism.
– The Chamilo software is built in a way that allows the teacher to take control and simply “disappear” so that content take its rightful place within the student’s experience.
– Chamilo has a growing list of learning resources available on Youtube, SlideShare, Twitter, Vimeo, …
– Refer to the manuals of teachers and administrators in our documentation page …
– Chamilo is used with students from 6 years to 80 years of age, within public and private structures amongst a wide range of educational or business institutions.
– Chamilo is now in use in more than 25 countries: http://version.chamilo.org/map/map.php
– Chamilo is now used by over 500,000 users worldwide: http://version.chamilo.org/community.php
– Chamilo is constantly developing by a team of about 20 developers around the world
-Chamilo Inherited most of the professional workforce and experienced its predecessor: http://www.chamilo.org/en/about-chamilo
-Chamilo Opened translations into 55 languages, and about 25 of them are over 80% complete. Simplified Chinese has recently been reviewed by a Chinese translator
Aspects of business productivity
– Knowing most directly training sessions cost about € 1,000 / day in Europe, and considering the logistics of assembling a team of 10 employees efficient, the following statement takes great significance in terms of the productivity of companies:
– “Chamilo is considerably easier to teach, generating a 40-4 hours difference between Moodle and Chamilo training for our teachers,” Igor Yepes, Director of Distance Education of the University do Tocantins.
– “Easier to access valuable course content generates lower rates for distance learners abandonment, which means better rates reaching goals in corporate training,” Yannick Warnier, ICT Director BeezNest Belgium SPRL.
– Chamilo offers online editing tool, reeducing the cost of building new content. Import existing content, add a test of 10 questions and have a new course of self – assessment ready in an hour.
– Model relational database (partly outdated): http://www.dokeos.com/wiki/index.php/Database_schema_1.8.5.
– Quick Reference Sheets for new developers: http://beeznest.wordpress.com/2010/04/05/chamilo-developers-quick-reference-sheets/
– Chamilo is reviewed once a year by a security cracker to improve security against attacks on the web. New employees are trained during their first week teach (among other things) how to provide secure code.
– Chamilo receives about an important new contribution of a new source every two months. The current development teams are responsible for reviewing and integrating the code in Chamilo.
– The Chamilo development teams (one 1.8, one 2.0) are very open about their processes, and can always find accurate and current information on our project management system information: http://support.chamilo.org
– Chamilo is open source under the GNU / GPLv3 license, and is protected by a non-profit organization, meaning that it is literally impossible for any company to take ownership of the project and close down. But it also means that you are free to develop their own extensions or improvements, and share (or not) with the community.
– The Chamilo Association offers a reward system to encourage companies to contribute code to the project (more on this in the description membership registration procedure)
– Chamilo can easily be combined with existing IT infrastructure. We have a proven history of integration with home applications, Oracle or IBM DB2 databases, etc.