broken image links

Please always state the Chamilo version you are referring to when reporting issues or asking questions.

Moderator: Coursenligne

broken image links

Postby chipw » 11 Oct 2017, 13:17

As mentioned in another post, this is a brand new installation of Chamilo, and at the very beginning of setting it up.
I have made the first Learning Path and uploaded the documents, and they display fine, but the images do not display. So in the editor I use the image button and select the correct images so they have the correct path. But the images are still broken. I have been playing with the path, editing it in every possible convoluted way, but I cannot get the images to display. I have also downloaded a new image to replace one of them (an audio icon), thinking that maybe the original is corrupted. But even the new audio_1.png is not displaying. I have ftp'ed it to a couple different directories, and played with the url in the editor, but cannot get the image to display. I then change the permissions from the default 644 to 755, and still, it shows broken. I have tried relative url's and full server paths. The images simply refuse to display. Now I must be missing something in the setup of Chamilo? I have added a big image of many screenshots to show what is happening.
Attachments
screenshots.png
screenshots.png (144.94 KiB) Viewed 267 times
chipw
New user

Re: broken image links

Postby chipw » 11 Oct 2017, 19:03

After much experimenting I have found that the only way I can get the images to display is to use this url - /chamilo/app/courses/100/document/images/audio_1.png - In the editor if I use the image picker the url is this - /courses/100/document/images/audio_1.png - and that does not work.

Is there something I can do to make that url shorter? Afterall, the documents I create in the learning path are stored in the directory - /public_html/chamilo/app/courses/100/document - so one would expect I would be able to load the images with the relative link - images/alphabet/audio_1.png - right? It doesn't work, and the question is, why doesn't it work?
chipw
New user

Re: broken image links

Postby Coursenligne » 14 Dec 2017, 18:15

I guess you are using an odd method to upload the images, or there is an issue somewhere, but I don't have enough info so far to give any educated guess....
You can use relative path, the good point is that as soon as your course is uploaded on a copatible SCORM platform, it'll work, but you have to do this manually for each image!

If you are using the Chamilo upload function, then when inserting the image, the platform should automatically generate the complete path to get to the image. If no, there is an issue somewhere, but I don't have enough info....
I wish you all the best
Eric
--------------------------------------------------------------
Avez-vous pensé à devenir membre de l'association ?
Consider being a Chamilo Association Member?
---------------------------------------------------------------
Coursenligne

Return to All topics, all versions