broken image links

Please always state the Chamilo version you are referring to when reporting issues or asking questions.

Moderator: Coursenligne

broken image links

Postby chipw » 11 Oct 2017, 13:17

As mentioned in another post, this is a brand new installation of Chamilo, and at the very beginning of setting it up.
I have made the first Learning Path and uploaded the documents, and they display fine, but the images do not display. So in the editor I use the image button and select the correct images so they have the correct path. But the images are still broken. I have been playing with the path, editing it in every possible convoluted way, but I cannot get the images to display. I have also downloaded a new image to replace one of them (an audio icon), thinking that maybe the original is corrupted. But even the new audio_1.png is not displaying. I have ftp'ed it to a couple different directories, and played with the url in the editor, but cannot get the image to display. I then change the permissions from the default 644 to 755, and still, it shows broken. I have tried relative url's and full server paths. The images simply refuse to display. Now I must be missing something in the setup of Chamilo? I have added a big image of many screenshots to show what is happening.
Attachments
screenshots.png
screenshots.png (144.94 KiB) Viewed 64 times
chipw
New user

Re: broken image links

Postby chipw » 11 Oct 2017, 19:03

After much experimenting I have found that the only way I can get the images to display is to use this url - /chamilo/app/courses/100/document/images/audio_1.png - In the editor if I use the image picker the url is this - /courses/100/document/images/audio_1.png - and that does not work.

Is there something I can do to make that url shorter? Afterall, the documents I create in the learning path are stored in the directory - /public_html/chamilo/app/courses/100/document - so one would expect I would be able to load the images with the relative link - images/alphabet/audio_1.png - right? It doesn't work, and the question is, why doesn't it work?
chipw
New user

Return to All topics, all versions