Connect to database during installation

Please always state the Chamilo version you are referring to when reporting issues or asking questions.

Moderator: Coursenligne

Connect to database during installation

Postby victor » 12 Sep 2017, 13:25

Hello, I'm trying to install Chamilo 1.11.4, but I can't connect to the database, it says the information I provide is incorrect, but I don't know what the problem could be. Can anyone suggest a solution to this? Thanks for your help in advance.
victor

Re: Connect to database during installation

Postby lguirao » 13 Sep 2017, 10:44

Have you verified your database info is correct? Have you tried to access by PHPMyAdmin or similar?
lguirao
Major Contributor

Re: Connect to database during installation

Postby victor » 18 Sep 2017, 23:01

Thanks for your answer.
I have been trying different options in order to understand what is happening. First of all, I installed again an old version of Chamilo (1.8.8.4) which I used for some years until I tried to install the newest one (1.11.4).
I could install that old version without any difficulty. Then I installed a much newer one (1.11.2) and I could do it correctly, and connected to the database easily.
But I still can´t install and connect to the database with the latest version (1.11.4) so I suppose that there must be something wrong with this new version and/or with my server or configuration.
victor

Return to All topics, all versions