All you need to know about Chamilo 2.*

Moderator: Coursenligne

All you need to know about Chamilo 2.*

Postby yannick » 23 Mar 2016, 20:18

Hi, my name is Yannick and I'm the leader of the development project of Chamilo 2. This is a list of what you need to know about Chamilo 2.* in order to be an efficient community member and contribute to the general improvement of Chamilo.

• Chamilo 2.* is a branch, meaning it represents a group of versions prefixed by "2"
  • Chamilo 2.0 is a MAJOR version, meaning it introduces database changes on top of the latest branch 1.11.*. Minor versions don't do that. They maintain the database structure "as is"
  • Chamilo 2.* is an evolution branch. It is meant to include *a lot* of new things, with *a lot* of structural changes, mostly in terms of improving the customizability, scalability and integrability of Chamilo. As such, we hope to be able to deliver: non-specific database layer (meaning you could use Oracle to store your data), dynamic folders storage (meaning you could use it easily with resizable Cloud storage), high visual customizability with Twig templating (meaning we could finally develop a sub-market for visual themes for Chamilo), gamification, integrated skills/badges features, mobile applications natural integrability, ... If all these seem a little too technical for you, don't worry, this is only the underlying layer. If you want to have a full idea of what to expect, check the near-300 tasks on our changelog at https://support.chamilo.org/versions/172
Yannick Warnier
Chamilo Project Leader & Association President
yannick
Enthousiast

Re: All you need to know about Chamilo 2.*

Postby JurgenG » 12 Oct 2016, 07:57

Hi,

is there somewhere the testing branch can be downloaded? I don't see a 2.0 branch in Github...
JurgenG
Enthousiast

Postby yannick » 09 Dec 2016, 23:06

JurgenG wrote:is there somewhere the testing branch can be downloaded? I don't see a 2.0 branch in Github...

At the moment the 2.* branch is the "Master" branch. When the master branch will have all the refactoring we need and becomes testable, we will create a 2.* branch and start working on master for the 3.* branch. For now, there's nothing to test though, and it's likely to be like this until March 2017 or so.

You can download the master branch for yourself if you like, but it is a "highly volatile" branch at the moment and no documentation has been written yet on its installation procedure. However, it is based on Chamilo 1.11.2, so for now most of the installation procedure is the same, but we already changed some major elements.
Yannick Warnier
Chamilo Project Leader & Association President
yannick
Enthousiast

Postby violli » 01 Apr 2017, 09:31

Where can I see the demo? Https: //2.chamilo.org/ here is the error 500 ... I myself was not able to install ...
violli

Return to General