Chamilo LCMS connect (or Learning Content Management System) offers a closely related but alternative platform model to the Chamilo LMS. Content is published or shared from a repository. While users in Chamilo LCMS have a own repository at their disposal, it offers users also to connect to other external repositorys. It enables users to manage their content in a particularly broad and flexible way.
This page will give you all the necessary resources to get started
Chamilo LCMS Connect is a brand new branch of the Chamilo Suite.
This Chamilo flavour offers performant tools for smooth collaboration and brilliant learning.
It’s modular, flexible and extensible.
The basic concept is connectivity:
- connecting with your favorite sites on your adaptable homepage
- collaborating with peers through portfolio, messaging, sharing and feedback
- easily connecting your content objects in a learning path on your LCMS
- connecting bidirectionally to external repositories such as Google Docs & YouTube
- combining learning & working : collaborative & corporate learning
- import/export your content at the flick of a switch
Content objects are published or shared from a central repository.
This new generation collaboration platform has following features:
- Modular & flexible: choose your preferred platform applications : easy – full option
- Courses (LMS) are a full option application embedded in powerful environment
- Build your own homepage (PLE): choose your own blocks: messages, courses, Twitter, RSS, …
- Each user has an own repository: store once – use many
- Content Objects: with versioning & easy update
- Import/export all your documents at once in your repository
- Easy reuse of Content Objects in Learning paths, Portfolio, Assessment,…
- Connect with people on the platform. Collaborate & communicate through (collaborative learning):
- Sharing Content Objects on different levels across the platform: search, view, use, collaborate & copy
- Collaborating on 1 content object
- Personal messenger: connect with people on the platform
- Wiki, forum
- Sharing a portfolio
- Connect bidirectional to external repositories: Youtube, Google Docs, Picasa, Slideshare, … and import them into your repository
- SCORM 1.2 compatible
Info for developers
Bitbucket repository for developers: